The requested or agreed services between you and Knowtions Research determines the particular data that is process and the way in which it is used. Therefore, not all parts may be relevant to you. 1. Who is the controller and who can I contact for all data protection-related matters:
Our data protect team shall supported you as your point of contact for all data protection related matters.
Attention Data Protection Team at Knowtions Research
675 King Street West - Unit 205
Toronto, ON M5V 1M9
Canada firstname.lastname@example.org 2. What data do we collect?
Some data are collected when you provide it to us. Other data are collected automatically by our IT systems when you visit the website. These data are primarily technical data such as the browser and operating system you are using or when you accessed the page. These data are collected automatically as soon as you enter our website. 3. How do you use the Data?
4. Data collection on our website
- For the performance of contractual commitments: Data may be processed in the course of performing contracts with you as our customer or in order to take measures prior to entering into a contract;
- On the basis of your consent: If you have issued us with your consent to process personal data for specific purposes (e.g., contact form, sending newsletters), your consent forms the basis the lawfulness of this processing;
- On the basis of establishing an employment relationship: If you apply for a job with us, we may also process your personal data.
4.1 Cookies and Server Logs
Our system records automated data and information from the computer system of the computer that opens the site when you open our website. In doing so, the following data is collected:
- information about the browser type and the version used;
- the user's operating system;
- date and time the website was accessed;
- websites from which the user's system reached our website;
Cookies are used to make our website user-friendly, effective and secure.
In doing so, the following data is stored and transferred in cookies:
- language settings;
- items in a basket;
- log-in information;
The user data collected using technically necessary cookies is not used to create a user profile.
4.3 SSL or TLS Encryption
The Knowtions Research website site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and for the protection of the transmission of confidential content. You can recognize an encrypted connection in your browser's address line when it changes from "http://" to "https://" and the lock icon is displayed in your browser's address bar.
If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transfer to us cannot be read by third parties.
We also employ suitable technical and organizational safety measures to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized third-party access. Our safety measures are continuously improved according to technological development. 5. Data Protection Rights
You have the right:
- To Access: you have the right to request Knowtions for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service;
- To Rectification: you have the right to request that Knowtions correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Knowtions to complete information you believe is incomplete;
- To Erasure: you have the right to request Knowtions erase your personal data,;
- To Restrict processing: you have the right to request that Knowtions restricts the processing of your personal data;
- To Object to procession: you have the right to object to Knowtions' processing of your personal data;
- To Data portability: you have the right to request that our company transfer the data we have collected to another organization, or directly to you.