1. Account Creation
Register for a Knowtions account allows you to take the qualifying test to work as an Analyst and receive payment for your work. If you pass the test, you will be allowed to perform Tasks on the Knowtions Platforms.
2 Information We Collect From You We may collect personal information through the following meanings:
- Account Creation: We collect Personal information, including your name, address, phone number, organization, email address, Educational information, Language, Residency Country, and other information, such as as your credit card, PayPal or Payoneer account number and related information.
- Task Distribution and Group Communications: We may collect certain personal information, including name, address, email address, and telephone number to send Task notification emails and group communications about our services, including Task update, news, Service updates, and reminders. You can opt out of receiving certain communications from us using the opt-out or "unsubscribe" instructions provided in our communication emails.
- Contact Form, email, and social media: When you contact us with email or via a form, social media channel, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, email address, and current organization (e.g., your educational institution or laboratory) along with additional information we may need to help us to provide services. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and provide quality service.
- We may also collect other information that you choose to provide when doing any of the above. This includes information such as your postal code, individual preferences related to your Account and demographic information.
3 Other Ways We Collect Information
How We Use Your Information
- Site Log Data. Each time you log in to the site and access to a web page, the Site automatically collect information from the browser of your computer or mobile device. These data include the date and time you log in to the Site, your IP address, the web page URLs you visited, your time spent on a certain web page, your Task submission time, the operating system you are using and any content you post to the Site. The information may be disclosed to third parties and may be permanently archived for future use.
- Cookies. We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. You can choose to block cookies by modifying your browser settings. If you block cookies, features of the Knowtions Platforms may not work as intended.
- Pixel tags. When you use the Service, we may employ "pixel tags," also known as "web beacons," which are are small blocks of code on a web page or in a email that allow us to monitor the use pattern of our Site or the view rate of our emails.
- The resulting connection can include information such as a device's IP address, the time you viewed the pixel, the type of browser being used and the URL of the web page from which the pixel was viewed, and the geographic location which the pixel was viewed. When corresponding with you via email, we or our third party-service may also use pixel tags to let us know whether you received and opened our email.
- Third-party web components for the purpose of performing Tasks. We may use third-party web components to display Task related materials, Tasks, maps or rich text editors. These third-party partners may set tracking tools such as cookies or pixel tags to collect information regarding your activities. We may also share this information with trusted third-Party partners. You can choose to block cookies by modifying your browser settings. If you block cookies, features of those sites may not work as intended.
- Your Analysis of Tasks: When you submit Tasks, we collect your Analysis of Tasks, and combine them with the information of other Analysts or of Task Providers, to create aggregate data that may be disclosed to our Customer or third parties. Aggregate data is anonymized and does not contain any of your personal information.
1. Personal Information
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are to:
- Provide Services: Knowtions may share your personally identifiable information with trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Knowtions to provide us with services to you, such as sending you Task notifications, and completing bank transaction. We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of Knowtions (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
- Provide information requested by Customers: Knowtions may aggregate your personal information information (such as demographic information, educational information) and disclose that aggregated information to Customers if it is deemed necessary to.
- Verify identity and meet legal requirements. Knowtions may use your Personal Information to verify your identify, (and disclose it to third parties) to verify your identity, derive other information about you, for fraud prevention, to enforce the terms of Knowtions or to protect the integrity of our Services, or to verify other information you provided to us. Knowtions will also disclose personal information to authorized third party if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to conform to the law, comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities.
- Improve Service: We may use your Personal Information and combine with non-personal Information to understand how and when you logged into the Services and perform Tasks, to inform us how you interact with the Site, and measure the performance of our Services, for the purpose of improving our Service
2. Non-Personal Information
We may aggregate non-personal information (such as anonymous usage data, URLs, time spent per page, user patterns, user Task performance score, etc.) for our own statistical purposes. We may use it to understand how and when you logged into the Services and perform Tasks, to inform us how you interact with the Site, and measure the performance of our Services, for the purpose of improving our Services. Provided that it remains anonymous, we may disclose that aggregated information to third parties or publish it for marketing or research purposes
We may use your Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access the Site, or other analyses we create. This information is used for functions including the measurement of visitors' interest in and use of various portions or features of the Sites. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and we may use such information in various ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, training, machine learning and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Customers and with third parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
3. Your Analysis of Tasks
We will combine your Analysis of Tasks with the information provided by Task Providers, to create aggregate data that may be disclosed to our Customer or third parties. Aggregate data is anonymized and does not contain any of your personal information. For more information, please refer to Term of Service and Use.
4. Sale of Business
In the event that Knowtions is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used. How We Protect Your Information
You have the right to access, update, delete, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating, deletion, and corrections of inaccuracies in other personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. You may withdraw your consent to Knowtions's processing of your Personal Information at any time. Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt out.
You have the right to access, update, delete, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating, deletion, and corrections of inaccuracies in other personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
2. Email and Telephone Communications
An "Unsubscribe" button will be provided at the top or bottom of each email communications sent by Knowtions so that you can opt-out. We may also use your Personal Information to communicate with you about your use of the Services; you may not opt out of these emails unless otherwise required by law. If you no longer desire to be contacted by us, you must terminate your account, and no longer use the Site and Services. We maintain telephone "do not call" lists and "do not mail" lists as mandated by law.
We retain Personal Information where we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved, but, generally, we'll refer to these criteria to determine retention period:
- Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data.
- Whether the data is necessary to provide our Services.
- Whether you can access and delete the data
- Whether you would reasonably expect that we would retain the data until they remove it
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. For further information about our security practices, please see our Security page here.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account login information and for all activities that occur under your Account, and preserving your password securely to prevent others from gaining access without your permission. You must change your password and immediately notify Knowtions of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. Your account passwords are hashed, which means we cannot see your password. We cannot resend forgotten passwords either. We will only provide you with instructions on how to reset them.
5. Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Knowtions does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any Personal Information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact us at: email@example.com